Sunday, November 13, 2011

Travel Expands your Thinking

I read an article in the Washington Post (WaPo to those of us who are in the know) by Vern Yip, decorator of Trading Spaces fame, about traveling. His premise is that his design ideas are refreshed, inspired even, by extensive travel. He was discussing his latest trip to Marrakesh and how colorful the souks are.

It got me to thinking about travel I have done, both abroad and in the US. Even a quick drive into Southern Virginia gives you a window on a different way of life - especially when compared with the crazy, traffic clogged world we live in here in NoVA (Northern Virginia for the uninitiated). Anyway, travel always makes my world expand and then shrink a little. Expand because I meet interesting people, see interesting things, eat interesting food. Shrink because places that were just names in a book at one time are now real and I Have Seen Them.

Have you been somewhere cool lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment